Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Moon Face

I've got moon face already. Ugh! Both Monday and Tuesday, I left work at midday to drive to the Center, confirm that yes, that is my husband’s name and date of birth on the side of the syringe you’re inserting into my hooha, and then sit with my legs up reading a really good book (Sara Paretsky’s “Fire Sale” – I LOVE V.I. Warshawski books!) for 10 minutes. Last night (Tuesday) started the progesterone suppositories, 1 in the AM, 1 in the PM. I know the reasoning behind prescribing them, and I will stick to the directions, but can I just say: THEY ARE SO MESSY!!!!

DH stayed yesterday for the procedure, after a very long pointed conversation Monday night. Doing the infertility dance was part of it, but other issues came up as well. Trust me, the hormones don't help! But he was in the parking lot yesterday, waiting for me, and told me he would come in if I wanted him there. I have a better sense of humor (my family can find humor in anything), and told him I thought it might be nice if he were in the room when I'm impregnated with his child. Of course I want him there! So in he came, acting like "a cat in a roomful of rocking chairs".


I really want to try to combat the weight gain these things bring on, but can’t do Curves until tomorrow. The end of the school year is next Wednesday, and between meetings, projects, and appointments, I’m going to have a hard time fitting even Curves in. Really going to have to watch the food intake too. When I went on the progesterone before (last year, as a last ditch effort for the Little One that we knew wasn’t going to make it), I socked on about 7 pounds and had such a puffed face!

Have the bloodwork to see if the IUIs worked on June 27th. Two weeks of waiting and mess and pads. If it doesn’t work, I’m taking July off. We’re going camping with a bunch of friends, and I cannot do this in the wilds of Maine. The week also falls midcycle, and I cannot be driving two hours each way to do this whole thing. So, if we’re not pregnant this time, we’ll wait until August to try again.

No comments: