Thursday, August 17, 2006

Finally Triggered

Trying not to sit here and think about the cramping that’s starting. Thinking instead about what a lousy blogger I am. I have no time to do much of anything beside work these days. Working in a community college means that from now until about September 15th, my life is ruled by a bunch of people who don’t understand that you cannot wait until the day before classes start to register for the term and expect to get seats in the sections you want.

We did finally manage to get the IUI in. I, of course, heard NOTHING from the Center Friday. Knowing that they close at 5:00 p.m., I waited until 5:30 before turning into a P.O.P. (Pissed-Off-Patient) and calling the service. Told the woman on the other end that I had had bloodwork that morning and was still waiting for a call with directions. Fifteen minutes later, one of the nurses called. Surprise! I was to trigger Friday between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. (guess I got the call just in time!) and report for 9:00 a.m. IUI Sunday morning, with DH set for 8:00 a.m. specimen supply. When I asked what time on Monday for the second IUI, I was told that “the latest research shows only one IUI per cycle is needed”.

My, my, how things change in two months. So, I triggered, and then had my way with DH. Saturday, we managed to go out by ourselves for dinner, and I had my way with him again. Sunday morning, we went in for the procedure. Monday, I blew off work, and had my way with him one more time, in the afternoon.

HPT bloodwork is scheduled for Sunday morning. I even bought a box of HPT yesterday, but now wonder why I would do that to myself. I hate this ebb-and-flow of emotions that come with every two week wait, and then the drop-off of hope when friggin’ AF shows up.

1 comment:

Thalia said...

With the nookie and the IUI, you've set yourself up pretty well by my estimate. Let's hope tha these follicles are the ones.