Wednesday, July 26, 2006

DH's Comments

We're on again! Welcome to IUI#2, or IUI Redoux. Made it to the Center with minutes to spare yesterday, due to traffic. U/S was good, showing a few under 10 mm follicles on each side (3 on the right, 2 on the left), and the lining was 2.7mm, so I got the green light to start the Follistim last night. Five days of 150 units, then back to the Center early Sunday morning for more bloodwork and another u/s. At least traffic won't be bad...

Have to mention something here that REALLY ticked me off over vacation. DH and I were lying in bed Thursday night, talking about next year’s vacation. The place we go has a number of trailers (2 bedrooms, about 37’ feet) that we all rent down on the beach. If you like your unit, you have the option of reserving it for the same week next year. You have to pay a $75 non-refundable deposit by Thursday night, and the place is yours (you then pay half in January and the rest on arrival). Of course, all nine families reserved for next year. I mention that I’ve been concerned that I was going to get AF while we were in Maine, and sort of review the month’s plan with DH. He then says “well, I’m not coming up here next year with a baby”. Just like that. My response? “Well, then I guess I would be coming up alone with three kids, huh?!?” I point out (in a very sharp tone):

  • that’s a great way to guarantee that our boys really would resent a new sibling (“hey, kids, we’re not going on vacation with all your friends because of the baby”), and
  • maybe we should wait to get pregnant first, so that we could then worry about staying pregnant, then try to have a live delivery before we decide whether we would be coming up next year.

I love him, but he can be SUCH a jackass sometimes! In the golden days (remember those, before IF was a reality in your world, before you knew anything about REs and IUIs and IVF and how to mix your trigger shot and deciding the best place in the frig to keep your meds and where your sharps container should sit?), it seemed like you could worry about things like how having a baby might impact your vacation plans. Now the worry is planning your cycle and treatment plans around your vacation. I can only hope that we have to make that type of decision this time next year…

No comments: